Your wedding cake, no doubt, will be one of the highlights of your wedding. It is important that you design it to reflect your overall theme or give it that unforgettable personal touch.
These 5 steps will get you on your way to creating a custom wedding cake that all will remember:
- How many servings will you need? If the cake is the only dessert that will be served at your reception, it's a good idea to have enough for all your guests. Once this has been established, you'll know what sizes you'll need and the shapes you want.
- Decide on how you want the sizes and the shapes to be set up. Do you want them stacked on top of another? Stacked with pillars in between? Graduated with each cake on a separate stand? Do you want them on a novelty stand like one that's shaped like a tree, a planter?
- After deciding the set up of the cake, think of how you want the cake to look. Do you want it to match an overall theme, ie. shells, flowers, or stars? If not, do you want the design to mimic the details of your dress or do you simply want ribbons and dots?
- Now that you have the cake's overall look, you can decide on what flavors and fillings each teir will have.
- As a last detail, you can sketch out the design of your cake table to match your cake and the theme of you wedding.
These five steps will get you on your way to designing your wedding cake with that personal touch; one that all your guests will surely remember for years to come.